Sep 17, 2014
Japan-Philippines Friendship Run & Walk
Here are the final details of the event.
There are no vending machines in the Tokyo Imperial Palace Garden. Please bring your own water.
And also please wear appropriate clothing to match the weather.
See you on the 23rd.
Date: September 23, 2014 (National holiday, Tuesday)
Time and place of assembly:12:30 at the Sakuradamon Gate, Imperial Palace Garden, Tokyo
|By JR:||10 mins from Yurakucho Station, 13 mins from Tokyo Station|
3 mins from Sakuradamon Sta. Exit 3 (Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line)
4 mins from Nijubashimae Sta. Exit 2 (Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line)
8 mins from Hibiya Sta. Exit A7 or A8 (Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line)
5 mins from Hibiya Sta. Exit A7 or A8 (Toei Mita Line)
- For those who registered via Sports Entry and paid prior to the event ⇒Please proceed to "Distribution of Zip" Area to claim your runners kit(bib).
- For those who registered prior to the event but not paid: ⇒Please proceed to "Registration (confirmation of registration and distribution of runner kit)" Area ,
pay the registration fee and receive your runner kit.
- For walk-in participants
Fill out the registration form, pay the registration fee and receive your runner kit.
|12:30||Assembly time of participants|
|14:00||Start: Men（100 pax）|
|14:10||Start: Women（100 pax）|
|14:20||Start: Parent and kids（100 pax）|
・There are no changing rooms (only public toilets) in the area, so please come in running attire.
・A complimentary event T-shirt is included in your runner's kit (T-shirt has been sent to those who paid the registration fee already).
・Please wear appropriate clothing to match the weather.
・There are no vending machines in the Tokyo Imperial Palace Garden. Please bring your own water.
・You will be provided a plastic bag with the same number as your runner bib for your belongings. As space provided for the luggage area is limited, please bring as little as possible. Please keep your valuables with you.
・You will be given a Certificate of Appreciation after finishing the course.
・You are free to leave after finishing the course. Make sure you don't forget your belongings. However, there will be an Awarding Ceremony for the top 3 finishers. You may join if you wish to.
Japan-Philippines NGO Network (JPN)
c/o Asian Community Center 21
ABK Bldg, 2-12-13, Honkomagome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8642, JAPAN
TEL:+81-3-3945-2615 FAX:+81-3-3945-2692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiry：Ms. Megumi NISHIJIMA(090-7186-9505), Ms. Gladys ANGALA(080-3606-1129)
Proceeds will be used to support rehabilitation project for the survivors of typhoon Yolanda, happened in November 2013. Progress reports of the said projects will be posted on the website.
Relief and Rehabilitation Project for the Survivors of Typhoon Yolanda
In November 2013, typhoon "Yolanda" (International Codename: Haiyan), which is said to be one of the strongest typhoons in world history, entered the Philippine area of responsibility. More than 16 million individuals were affected, and the number of deaths reached 6,000. Cooperating with the Philippines-Japan NGO Partnership (PJP), theJapan-Philippines NGO Network (JPN), composed of 19 member organizations, called for donations and assistance for the relief operations for victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda. JPN supported the rehabilitation project of the Philippine Partnership for the Development of Human Resources in Rural Areas (PhilDHRRA), a member of PJP and its implementing organization, Western Samar Development Foundation (WESADEF) and provided food, water and other relief goods.
JPN is currently providing rehabilitation support for 52 households in Samar. The beneficiaries are provided with water buffalos (carabaos) for farming, so they can make a living in the short term and feed their families. We are also supporting the organization of the locals to help them become self-reliant.
Target areas: Affected areas in Eastern and Western Samar
【Organizer】 Japan-Philippines NGO Network (JPN)
【Cooperation】 Association of Filipino Students in Japan (AFSJ)
【Nominal Support】Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines,
Philippine Chamber of Commerce&Industry in Japan,
Japan-Philippines Economic Cooperation Committee
【Sponsors】Seven Bank, Ltd (Tagalog site/ English site),
Kohkushuhai Service Co., Ltd. Calamansi Drink "MANZY"
Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company - Japan
【Media/publicity Partner】Run pit (runners space), Daloy Kayumanggi
【Participant Terms and Conditions】
- Participants must be of an appropriate fitness level to participate in the event. Organizers will not be held liable for illness, accident, injury, death, loss or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at, and/or participation in the event by each participant.
- Changes and/or cancellation upon registration are not allowed. In case of errors in transferring the payment of participation fee, such as overpayment or double payment, no refunds shall be provided.
- In case of cancellation of event due to earthquake, wind or flood, accident or any unforeseen event, no refunds shall be provided.
- Organizers the right to publish pictures and image material etc., recorded during the Event.
- The Participant grants the Organizers the right to save the personal information they provided during registration for the purposes of this event and for future use.
- The Participant is required to follow rules and regulations set by the Organizers.
- This is a rain-or-shine event. However, the event may be cancelled in case of heavy rain or snow. If the event is cancelled, the Organizers shall post the announcement on the website at 9AM on the day of the event.
- Please bring back your trash with you.
- The Organizers reserve the right to refuse the participation of any person who will not abide by the rules and regulations set for the event.
- Bringing of pets, with the exemption of guide dogs, are prohibited within the Imperial Palace.
- The Imperial Palace is a public space and is not exclusive to the participants of this event. Please be mindful of the general public and other runners.
- Please bring your Health Insurance Card.